jueves, 31 de julio de 2014

‘The bombing only stopped when the sun came out’ – Gaza under fire | Amnesty's global human rights blog

‘The bombing only stopped when the sun came out’ – Gaza under fire | Amnesty's global human rights blog

 "I do my work during the day and do not think
about the night until it comes, otherwise I will remain worried. What is
important is that my family and I all wake up safe. In any case, we
have nowhere to go; we can only remain in my home...What happens here is
not only about Palestinians, it is about the whole human race." - A
human rights fieldworker in Gaza.

 

Violence
escalated overnight on 28 July, as Israel renewed intense airstrikes on
Gaza in response to barrages of Palestinian rockets after an attempted
unofficial truce for the three-day Eid al-Fitr holiday crumbled. © EPA