lunes, 15 de mayo de 2017

On Nakba Day I want the right to be angry – Mondoweiss

On Nakba Day I want the right to be angry – Mondoweiss

 Nada Elia writes on Nakba Day, 2017: "I’m angry because I want to be
normal, yet normalcy evades me, and I want to be post-nationalist, even
if Palestine has never been allowed to
become a nation. And I’m angry at the fact that, despite the century of
abuse, we are one people (yes, a people) never allowed to be angry. This
year, I don’t want to be grateful for being a survivor, 'nice.' I want
the right to be angry."

 

The granddaughter of 97-year-old Abdul Hadi Qudeh holds keys that he
says belongs to a house his family were forced to leave after the
establishment of Israel in 1948, as she poses for a photograph at her
grandfather field ahead of Nakba Day in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza
Strip May 14, 2014. (Photo: Mohammed Talatene/ APA Images)