viernes, 12 de octubre de 2018

On France, Greece, and the Never Ending Elites Ruling | New Eastern Outlook

On France, Greece, and the Never Ending Elites Ruling | New Eastern Outlook

 

 

I never imagined I’d be starting a
report on international affairs with “I told you so.” But here it is,
the day most of the world is looking on in disbelief at more political
promises which were just that – promises. New presidents and older prime
ministers stand out in front of billions in dismay. Here’s that “I told
you so” I never wanted to give you.


I woke up this morning reading a story
from The Independent with the punchline, “The people’s voice is loud and
clear as French lose faith in Macron and his popularity plummets to an
all new low.” Author Adam Nossiter does a nice job painting a picture of
ordinary French people stunned once again by the reality that is the
French political process. I have to quote from the lead-in of the story
for you here:



The cheese lady, the melon man, the
retiree downing his morning glass, the olive seller, the housewife
sipping coffee and the village mayor submerged by constituents’ unpaid
bills – all agreed that their country’s president, Emmanuel Macron, was
letting them down.”

https://journal-neo.org/2018/09/29/569on-france-greece-and-the-never-ending-elites-ruling/

 7755